THE REAL REASON WHY SEO IS NOT DEAD?
- 23rd January 2018
- Advanced SEO Techniques, SEO
There has been a lot of mixed information that has gone viral about SEO becoming a thing of the past and social media has taken over. There was even a post published from a popular magazine about the reasons why SEO dead. SEO consultants and web developers came out of the woodworks claiming that the author was clueless about the SEO world. One person mentioned that Google is trying to kill SEO. In reality, Google is killing bad SEO. After reading this, we decided to create our own reasons why SEO is here for the long haul.
In a previous post, we mentioned that entitled: 5 Web Development Lies Some People Love To Believe, we mentioned that Google has over 40,000 searches per second (3.5 billion daily). We concluded that as long as people search the search engines for inquiries, SEO will be alive and well. Here are a few more statistics to consider:
- 93% of all online searches begin with a search engine.
- Google owns up to 70% of the search engine market share (source: imFORZA)
- Google has 1 TRILLION searches per year (source: Search Engine Land).
- 50% of searches are done on a mobile device.
- 88% of online search is from an establishment or local business.
- Up to 80% of users opt for organic results rather than paid ads.
These are just a handful of statistics that prove that SEO still has a heartbeat. Even if a person has had successful results with Social Media Marketing, SEO will help expose your website to thousands of potential customers or subscribers. If your target audience is searching for your product or service in the search engines and your website is nowhere to be found, they will go to a competing website that is well optimized. You cannot deny the power of search engine optimization!
This is author biographical info, that can be used to tell more about you, your iterests, background and experience. You can change it on Admin > Users > Your Profile > Biographical Info page."